RT56 – Dump
trucks is a course that provides an introduction to the
roles and responsibilities of a Rear Tipping Dumper driver.
What is RT56 Dump trucks Test?
This test will enable the candidate
to operate a Dump Truck – Articulated Chassis. The training programme consists
of both theoretical and practical training sessions that will enable workers to
understand the operation of a dump truck in a safe manner.
The RT56 – Dump trucks course covers
various topics about the day to day job of a dump truck operator. Some of the major
- Educate candidate on the nature of the industry and
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the job
- Explain the principal components of the industry
- Explain the common terminologies used in the day to
- Understanding and using the plant manufacturer’s
- Perform all pre-use checks
- Setting the truck for travel in both site and the
- Build the ability to travel loaded and unloaded in
varies rough, and rippling roads irrespective of level or steep terrains
- Learn to manoeuvre in confined spaces with the loaded
suitability of the tipping and loading area
the precautions that need to be taken in cases of hazards, underground and
to position the truck to receive loads
with the loading and unloading procedures
load integrity and security
transferring loads to different assigned locations
to discharge loads into ditches and over edges
safe and tidy working areas
to carry out shut down and securing procedures if and when needed
to explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
The RT56 – Dump truck course comes
in two variations candidates can choose from. Up to 15 tonnes and all sizes.
The test will be conducted in the
site or on a location feasible by the candidate; however, the location has to
meet CPCS specifications to qualify as an examination site.
The duration of the course varies
for different candidates.
- Candidates with zero to less than a year of experience
will most likely need five days of training before they can take the test.
- Candidates with 1 to 2 years of prior operational
experience will require 4 to 5 days of training
- Candidates with over two years of experience will only
need a single day’s training before they can take the test
Why is the test needed?
The RT56 – Dump trucks test needs to be passed to attain a Red CPCS
Trained Operator Card.
Criteria to successfully complete the module
There are 15 questions in the test
set, and a minimum of 12 questions need to be answered correctly for the candidate
to pass the course.
How to apply
There are multiple online institutes
that conduct the dump trucks training like ConstructionHelpline.com, where
candidates may get the course completed.
Successful completion of the RT56 – Dump trucks course will bring the candidate one step closer to completing their CPCS renewal test.