How to Book SMSTS Course in Leeds
SMSTS is defined as the Site Management Safety Training Scheme. SMSTS course in Leeds is conducted to deliver a comprehensive knowledge about health, safety, welfare, and environmental issues to the students.
What is SMSTS and for whom is it conducted?
SMSTS course is an interactive program that focuses on segments like classroom discussion, group and solo presentations. This course is exclusively designed for site managers, clients, and business owners. Students are required to perform self-study and successfully clear the multiple-choice question paper. It is framed by the concerned experts.
What is the purpose of conducting the SMSTS course?
The ultimate objective behind conducting the SMSTS Course is to successfully implement health and safety regulation at the construction place. Furthermore, concerned experts would provide a brief overview of the worksite and site layout. It would help the candidates gain a deep insight into conserving the environment and tackle issues effectively.
It is a five-day program that covers the following topics:
- Health and safety laws.
- Duties and responsibilities of students at the worksite
- What are the major factors behind the cause of an accident?
- How to prevent fatalities?
- Create a smooth system of work and permits
- Appropriate means of communication
- How to carry out guidance and industry practice?
Apart from the above-mentioned topics, there are a few more subjects to be covered. Some of them are discussed below:
- Upcoming trends in working practices
- Management of occupational health
- Excavations, demolition of buildings
- Working at confined spots
- Assessment of risks and method statements
How to book an SMSTS course in Leeds?
- Candidates who wish to participate in the five-day course may explore the official site of the Construction Industry Training Board or CITB. The program details are explained in detail including fees, accommodation, etc.
- Delegates are supposed to fill up a registration form to book an SMSTS course in Leeds by inputting relevant details such as name, address, phone number, email id.
- Interested aspirants must hold a valid ID proof, driving license and passport. Moreover, they should attach educational qualification certificates to be considered for the program.
Way to the centre:
SMSTS course in Leeds is organized close to the Leeds Railway Station. There are ample parking lots available and the training centre is situated adjacent to the ones intending to travel by public transport.
Validity of SMSTS course:
It is valid for up to about five years. The candidates are required to undertake an SMSTS refresher course before its expiry. Delegates should consider this option or else they need to register for a fresh SMSTS course.
SMSTS course is organized by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB). To successfully procure the SMSTS course in Leeds certificate, each candidate is supposed to take part in 38 hours of training. Those who are unable to attend the course should enrol and take up the course right from scratch. An additional cost is charged by the company while switching between courses. He/she is supposed to clear the exam and undertake the CSCS course exercises.