How to Book SMSTS Course in Southampton?
Site Management Safety Training Scheme program is a five-day course attended by more than ten thousand delegates per year. SMSTS course in Southampton aims at spreading the significance of health, welfare, safety, and environmental issues. One of the major benefits of undertaking the SMSTS course is that it offers a deep insight into the duties and responsibilities of site managers, site supervisors, etc.
What are the course contents?
Some of the contents covered under the SMSTS course are as follows:
- Unearthing of materials
- Engaging in activities from higher levels
- Assessment of risks and method statements
- Demolition of massive structures
- Working at confined areas
SMSTS program also covers core subjects including noise and vibration, health and environmental issues, safety psychology, accident theory, and management systems. A major highlight concerning the program is that the confidence level of managers would automatically escalate. The delegates are supplied relevant course study materials such as GE700 and XA6. The students must revise the subjects multiple times before appearing for the exam.
Candidates are required to assess four major assignments during the final stage of the course. They are supposed to take part in an exam that consists of multiple-choice questions. This test is primarily conducted to determine the skills, experience and logical reasoning abilities of a candidate.
- On day 1, the concerned tutors would ask the students to introduce themselves. Apart from that, a brief overview of the topics is discussed during the training session. A quick questionnaire form is supplied to the students, which is meant to gauge their knowledge. This is helpful for them to tailor courses catering to the tastes and preferences of students.
- The session 2 deals with the introduction of health and safety procedures. It consists of a general outline about legislative bodies, preventing accidents at worksites located in the UK. In session 3, students are taught about legislation associated with health and safety. During the lunch break, tutors would review the questionnaire form of each student and their progress. If further changes are required, it will be implemented immediately.
- In session 4, delegates are taught about responsibilities as a manager about health and safety. The group exercise involves discussion and sharing opinions of the previous day’s exercise. This is useful in enhancing the group’s understanding and knowledge.
- The session 5 focuses on safety protocols like how to work from heights.
- The final sessions involve undertaking the exam wherein the students are supposed to clear multiple-choice questions based on various topics
SMSTS program is tailor-made for the ones who prefer to gain a better understanding of health and safety issues. SMSTS course in Southampton provides an excellent opportunity for the delegates to interact and share ideas. Candidates who have undertaken the SMSTS course would get familiar with risk assessment principles, civil law, CDM regulations. Moreover, extensive training is imparted to candidates on how to work at heights, excavation sites, and confined areas.