The Construction NVQ has multiple levels depending on the course taken by the workers and their skill set. Demolition Level 4 NVQ is for site supervisors and assistance site managers who are looking to attain the Supervisors Gold CSCS Card. This course takes 9 to 18 months approximately to complete.
- 16 years of age or above
- Already working as a Site Supervisor or Assistant Manager in a construction site
- All candidates would be asked to complete a questionnaire by the institute before admission to understand the skill set of the candidate.
- Candidate should have attained a minimum of 131 credits from the workplace
Why take up the course?
This course works as a qualification for the employee without an actual college degree. It also allows them to take up the Level 6 course in the near future with this experience.
The worker will receive a CSCS or CPCS card, which will provide them with privileged access to the construction site.
The course certification is the means through which your current or future employer would understand your expertiseas a site supervisor.
- Learn while you work
Workers are able to go through the classes and get certified while working in the construction site with minimal disruption.
The Demolition Level, 4 course structure, is created, keeping these topics in mind:
- Maintaining health, safety, welfare, and environmental protection systems in the construction site.
- Assessing the current work methods and share inputs on recommendations at the work site.
- Planning activities and resources to ensure that the work requirements are met.
- Co-ordinating and organizing the work control
- Ensuring work progress against the agreed programmes in the construction site
- Allocating and monitoring the use of equipment, machinery and the plant
It is essential for employees to complete the following tests to ensure completion of the Demolition Level 4 NVQ, all workersneed to ensure that the units mentioned below are completed successfully:
- Task allocation and check progress and performance at the site
- Planning demolition activities in the workplace
- Supervising demolition activities in the workplace
- Develop and maintain positive occupational working relationships in the construction site.
Apart from the mandatory units, workers can take up the following optional units for extra credits:
- Hand over the property to those following strict construction or maintenance related activities at the construction site.
- Maintain material stock to ensure that the project requirements are met.
- Implementing effective communication systems at the construction site.
- Contributing to the identification of work terms for the construction project.
- Maintain the dimensional accuracy of the project
- Control work against the agreed standards of the project
- Identify and enable learning opportunities for individual teams in the construction site
- Manage personal and professional development in the work site
- Co-ordinating preparation work or lifting operations for the project
Many construction companies fund the Demolition Level 4 NVQ. The individual may contact their work site HR and gather details on raising a grant for the training programme.