The Construction Help line Website privacy statement
- Construction HelpLine Privacy statement
- Company No. 07445228 (Registered in England & Wales).
- This website ("www.constructionhelpline.com") is operated by Construction Help line Limited ("Construction Helpline").
- The terms "Entity", "we", "us", "our" and "ours" when used in this Privacy Statement means Construction Helpline, which includes both subsidiaries, divisions, branches, affiliates or companies under control of entity.
- The terms "you", "your" and "yours" when used in this Privacy Statement means any user of this website.
IMPORTANT: BY SUBMITTING PERSONAL DATA MANUALLY OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM TO US AND/OR BY USING OUR WEBSITE YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW.
- We are committed to the privacy and confidentiality of information provided by you to us and fully respect your right to privacy in relation to your interactions with this website.
- This Privacy Statement describes our current policies and practices with regard to Personal Data collected by us from you directly and/or through the website to the extent that such Personal Data is protected by applicable European data protection laws. Any information which is provided by you will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality in accordance with Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995.
- The term "Personal Data" refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, date of birth, national insurance number, job description, health related data, birthday, e-mail address or mailing address. Construction Help Line may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 07/02/2011.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
- We are continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features to this website and to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, we will notify you of the changes via this page. We encourage you to check this page frequently.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA INCLUDING E-MAIL ADDRESSES
- We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode.
- Other information relevant to customer offer
- We will only use the personal information you provide to deliver the services you have requested, or for our lawful, disclosed purposes. We will not make your personal details available outside our organisation without your consent, unless obliged by law.
- You may choose to use our services and solutions or receive additional information from us. When you request our services and solutions or request additional information, we request personal information about you such as your name, date of birth, national insurance number, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and payment details. We may also ask for demographic information to enable us to provide a personalised service to you. The information you provide is either manually or electronically stored in our databases. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal or zip codes are received, we may use third party software to fix them.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We will only use the personal information you provide to deliver the services you have requested, or for our lawful, disclosed purposes. We will not make your personal details available outside our organisation without your consent, unless obliged by law. We will use your Personal Data to fulfil your requests and we will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post. When we ask you for Personal Data it may include the following purposes:
- We may contact you occasionally to inform you of new services we will be providing;
- We may send you regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you;
- We may send you requested information on our services;
- We may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes and market research;
- May use your Personal Data internally to administer this website and help us improve our services.
- We hope you will be delighted with our products and services. However, if you do not wish to receive e-mails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please e-mail us at the address given below with "Email Unsubscribe" in the subject heading.
- If you also wish to be removed from our post marketing database, please let us know by e-mailing us at the address given below with "Mail Unsubscribe" in the subject heading or writing to us at the address given below.
- If at any time you decide you no longer wish us to hold or use the personal information you have provided us, or in the event that the information becomes out of date, please feel free to notify us and we will remove or correct the information as soon as possible.
ANONYMOUS DATA COLLECTED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE
- In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
- Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally - it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
- In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use temporary "cookies" that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed.
- Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
- The Construction Help Line Website use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to any personally identifiable information.
- We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information.
- We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (e.g.: aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users' demographics.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- In order to provide you with the information or services and solutions which you have requested, Personal Data may occasionally be transferred or shared with other companies within our group of companies, third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your Personal Data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
- We will keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or post from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the "unsubscribe" procedure set out above.
- Where you have consented, we may also share your Personal Data with other companies within our group of companies or disclose your Personal Data to other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event.
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked over the phone, please indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or contacting us at email@example.com.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTIONS
- Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you, for which we may make a small charge. We will also correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at the addresses given below.
- Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All financial information submitted to us is not kept by us in any form but is submitted to relevant financial body which we use for our payment procedures.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
- If you are visiting this website from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently the United Kingdom), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries.
- We welcome comments about this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions about this Statement or any part of our service, you may contact us by e-mailing email@example.com.