Updated on 18-02-2022
- Construction Help Line Privacy statement
- Company No. 07445228 (Registered in England & Wales).
- This website ("www.constructionhelpline.com") is operated by Construction Help Line Limited ("Construction Helpline"), the data controller
- The terms "Entity", "we", "us", "our" and "ours" when used in this Privacy Statement means Construction Helpline, which includes both subsidiaries, divisions, branches, affiliates or companies under control of entity.
- The terms "you", "your" and "yours" when used in this Privacy Statement means any user of this website.
Personal Data (Information)
Information You Provide Us
In order for us to provide you with the services that you have requested, we need to ask and collect personal information from you. This information is essential for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us. It is essential to allow us to comply with the legal requirements. The requested services may not be possible to be delivered if we do not have the information.
When you call Construction Helpline for the first time, we require certain information such as your title, first name, last name, email address and phone number. You may have registered your interest by filling out an application form online, in which case provided us with the above information.
2. Information-Service Related
Additional information may be needed, depending on the type of requested service(s). This may include qualifications, passport-sized photograph, current employer, date of birth, national insurance number, current occupation, disabilities, learning difficulties, home address and qualifications.
3. Payment Information
We require you to provide certain financial information, in order to enable the processing of payments. (This may include billing address or your debit or credit card information.
4. Construction Helpline (Communications)
Communication with Construction Helpline may be through telephone or emails. We collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
5. Information Automatically Collected
It is in our legitimate interest to be able to provide you with your requested services. We automatically collect information (including personal information) from you when you purchase one of our service(s), register interest in our services or visit our website. It is necessary to have this information from you, to comply with legal regulations and improve our services so that there is adequate performance of the contract between you and us.
Device Information and Log Data
Anytime you access our websites an automated system collects log data and device information. This is collected even if you have not input any of your details. There are various types of information that is collected these being, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information. We can also view the website you visited before or after using our website.
Cookies are used on our website along with other like for like technologies, these being mobile identifiers, pixels and web beacons.
Construction Helpline collects payment information for transactions that are made to purchase our services. These details include the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary to deliver an adequate service for the contract between you and us.
We may obtain information (including personal information) from third parties that others provide about you and also information from other sources. We then combine that with the current information which we already hold for you. It is the third parties’ responsibility to ensure that they provide your information in line with their terms and conditions and we are not responsible for how they disclose your information to us or other third parties.
From your Employer
If your employer purchases one of our services on behalf of you, then they will provide your information with your permission.
In order to provide a efficient service, we collect your academic achievements i.e. achieved CSCS and affiliated cards, health & safety test results, and course results. This enables us to provide an accurate service and helps us see which services you are suitable for. The Online Card checker on the CITB website, makes this information freely available.
To whichever extent is valid by law, we may receive additional information about you and combine it with the information we already have. For example, data we collect may be demographic data or fraud detection information.
Usage of the Information We Collect
One of the main reasons we collect your information is to comply with our legal obligations. We use, store and process information (including personal) about you to provide understand, progress, and develop the services provided by Construction Helpline, create and sustain a trusted and safer environment.
6. Create and sustain a Trusted and Safer Environment
- To carry out security investigations and risk assessments.
- For the detection of fraud i.e. abuse, spam and security incidents.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you.
- To comply with legal obligations.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your permission where required.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our customers and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and other policies.
- We may conduct profiling based on your interactions with Construction Helpline, your personal information and other content you submit to Construction Helpline, and information obtained from third parties.
- Any of the above information is processed given our legitimate interest. This is to protect the services provided by Construction Helpline and to ensure adequate performance of the contract between you and us and also to comply with applicable laws.
7. Advertising and Marketing
- To use social media platforms such as Google and Facebook and send you relevant information i.e. promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you.
- To personalize, measure, and improve our advertising.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Construction Helpline or its third party partners.
- Conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with Construction Helpline, information obtained from third parties) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you.
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
Our payment processing information is used in the following ways:
- To detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
- Enable you to make payments for your required services.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions.
The above information, with regards to payment processing is processed by the data administrator. It is used to improve user experiences of our services and importantly for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws.
8. Provide, Progress and Develop services
- This information is required to enable you to purchase or request services from Construction Helpline.
- For conducting research and optimizing user experience of our website. Also to operate improve and protect our services and provide customer services.
- To send you any relevant account notification, updates emails or alerts.
- To optimize the services provided by Construction Helpline and to personalise your experience. We carry out profiling based on our website and any content you may submit.
We process this information given our lawful interest in improving the services provided by Construction Helpline and our customer’s experience with them and where it is required for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us.
Sharing & Disclosure
1. Complying with Lawful Requirements
(Preventing Harm, responding to Legal Requests, and Protection of our Rights)
Construction Helpline may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary:
- 1) Comply with our legal obligations
- 2) To respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability
- 3) To comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Construction Helpline
- 4) To enforce and administer our Terms and Conditions, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Construction Helpline, its employees, its customers, or members of the public.
Where appropriate, we may notify customers about legal requests unless
- 5) Providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or
- 6) We believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Construction Helpline's property, its customers and our websites.
In circumstances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that customer about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer restricted from doing so.
2. Service Providers
Construction Helpline uses a variety of third party service providers to help us provide our services. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA").
For example, service providers may help us:
- 1) Verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents
- 2) Conduct product development, maintenance and debugging
- 3) Check information against public databases
- 4) Perform background or police checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment
- 5) Allow the provision our services through third party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), or provide customer service, advertising, or payments services.
Construction Helpline will need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you.
3. Social Media
There are many platforms available on social media such as Facebook and Google. We may, where it is permissible according to applicable law, share your personal information with social media platforms like Facebook or Google. This may be to bring increased traffic on our website and to promote our products and services. These activities will be based on our legitimate interest in conducting marketing activities, to offer you services or products of interest.
Any social media website we share your information with, is not controlled or monitored by Construction Helpline. Therefore, any questions with regards to how a given social media platform processes your personal data, should be directed to the given provider.
Please note that you have full right at any time to ask Construction Helpline to cease the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can do this by emailing into [email protected]tionhelpline.com.
4. Transfers of Business
5. Data (Aggregated)
Construction Helpline may combine information of its users so that it no longer corresponds to one individual. We may collate information and anonymize it for the purposes of regulatory compliance. Also for industry analysis, market analysis, demographic profiling, advertising and marketing, and other business purposes.
6. Communication Analysis
Construction Helpline may need to scan, review or analyze your personal information. This may be conducted for numerous reasons. These being fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, research, product development, customer support purposes, debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We may use automated methods where possible, however manual intervention may be used to review some communications i.e. for fraud investigations, customer support or to improve these automated functions. Please note that we will not review, scan or analyze your information to sell to third party companies for marketing purposes.
The above activities are carried out based on Construction Helpline's legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and our Terms, preventing fraud, promoting safety, and improving and ensuring the adequate performance of our services.
7. The Use of Google Maps/Earth
8. Third Party Partners
Construction Helpline's website may contain links to other third party websites. These may be co-branded services, third party integrations or third party partners. Please note that every other company who's website you may visit will have their own policy's about the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Hence, we strongly advise you to review the privacy policies of these third party companies.
9. Your Rights
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to [email protected]. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
10. Managing Information
It is your responsibility as Construction Helpline's customer, to provide us with your up-to-date personal information. You can easily contact us via email on [email protected] or via telephone (which can be found on our website) to update your information.
11. Inaccurate or Incomplete Information (Rectification)
As a Construction Helpline customer, you have the right to ask us to correct or amend inaccurate or incomplete personal information regarding you.
12. Data Access and Portability
Applicable law may permit you to request copies of your personal information that is held by us on our database. This can be provided in any format you may require i.e. in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. We can also transfer this information to another service provider (where technically practicable) where applicable by law, at your request.
13. The Retention of Data and Erasure
Construction Helpline retain your personal information for as long as is required for the performance of the contract between you and us and also to comply with our legal obligations. However, if you would no longer like us to use your information, you can request for us to erase it via email on [email protected]. However please note, if you do request for this to happen we may need to retain your personal information for the following purposes:
Construction Helpline may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests. This may be for fraud detection and prevention and improving safety features. An example being, if we suspend an account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent that individual from opening a new account in the future.
Please also note that Construction Helpline may retain your personal information for legal reporting, legal obligations/reporting and taxation purposes.
Construction Helpline aims to maintain our platforms and web portals and protect it from any accidental damage, malicious loss or destructive activities. Therefore residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
14. Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing
When you request/purchase a product/service from Construction Helpline, you consent to providing us with your personal information and usage. However, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, by emailing into [email protected]. It is essential that you specify which consent you are withdrawing.
Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Also, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the organization, exercise or defence of legal claims.
15. Objection to Processing your personal
In certain jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require Construction Helpline not to process your personal information for specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest.
If there is an objection from your side then Construction Helpline will no longer process your personal information for these purposes. However, Construction Helpline may be able to still process the information on legitimate grounds i.e. processing is required for the organisation, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Please note that where your information is processed for marketing purposes, you may request at any time for us to suspend using your personal information for this purpose. You can do this by sending an email to [email protected]
16. Lodging Complaints
If you are unhappy with the way that Construction Helpline processes your data, you have the right to make a complaint before competent data protection authorities. You also have the right to lodge a complaint at the Information Commissioner’s Office.
17. Global Operations
To assist our global operations Construction Helpline may store, transfer, and process your information with service providers based in Europe, India, Asia Pacific and North and South America.
Construction Helpline are constantly implementing and updating administrative, physical, and technical security measures. The main reason for this is to help protect your information against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are data encryption and firewalls, and information access controls.
If it comes to your knowledge or you are aware of any reason that your personal information has been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account, please contact us immediately. The contact details can be found in the Contact Us section below.
Unit 1, 11 Batsworth Road,
email: [email protected]